Does Your Internal IT Team Need Technical Expertise?
Are you an IT expert?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to be. As the leader of your business, you have other things to worry about in your daily work life. You shouldn’t have to try to manage your IT as well — that’s what your IT team is for.
However, given how complicated and multi-faceted IT has become, an internal IT team can easily be out of their depth. Depending on the project, it could involve a new technology that your internal staff doesn’t have experience with. Learning about the technology in question may require extensive training and costly certifications. No internal IT team can be experts in every single technology your business processes rely on.
What Should You Look For In IT Expertise?
You may know that you need expert assistance for your IT, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy to find. When considering your options, keep the following key qualities in mind:
- Business Experience: As vital as knowledge of IT is to the services your IT team delivers, business acumen is just as important. Understanding, from firsthand experience, what your needs are, and the challenges it puts up with every day, will allow your IT team to better match the right solutions to your obstacles.
- IT Experience: It’s important for your IT team to capitalize on trends for their clients’ benefits. However, the truth is that the IT industry is full of new developments, each of which could be a real, beneficial trend to invest in – but it’s more likely to be a gimmick that won’t achieve much in the end. Telling the difference can be difficult, but it gets easier with time. An expert IT team will have seen countless IT fads come and go. Not everything is the “next cloud” – those with the right experience and expertise will know the difference.
- Carefully Chosen Technologies: You need to discuss the technologies you use every day, and make sure your IT team knows how to support them. The key is in hiring IT personnel that can offer industry-specific expertise and unique service that can’t be found anywhere else. However, that’s easier said than done.
Where can you find this kind of expertise?
Introducing Co-Managed IT
Co-managed IT services allow businesses and their IT teams to take advantage of the expertise and skill of a team of IT specialists when needed, and without paying expensive salaries or benefits. It’s an affordable solution that allows you to expand your current IT resources and make sure you always have the tech support you need.
What Are The Benefits Of Co-Managed IT?
- Scale With Ease: As your organization grows and evolves, you may need to scale up your efforts. Rather than hiring more technicians, you can use co-managed IT on a month-to-month basis. If you find you no longer need as much assistance, you can quickly scale back. You’re never locked in. Co-managed IT services are easy to scale up or down.
- Freedom of Focus: Without having to oversee network administration and helpdesk requests, your internal staff can discuss, design, and implement your project.
- Harness Expertise: You can also bring on expertise and extensive experience offered by your co-managed IT provider in that same 25-50% margin. While your team may have done one or two cloud migrations before, your vendor has done hundreds if not thousands of migrations, all in different industries and different needs. Put that expertise and experience to work for you.
Get The Support And Resources You Need With Co-Managed IT
Don’t let your support tickets pile up or your projects sit unfinished any longer. Talk to the Servcom USA team today to augment your internal team with additional support from ours.
With a little extra help from our team, you will…
- Eliminate overdue support requests for your end-users and vastly reduce day to day downtime.
- Complete major projects more quickly and effectively.
- Have the freedom to strategically devote your internal IT teams capabilities where they’re most needed, without overworking them.
The quality and effectiveness of your IT team are up to you. Will you give them the resources and support they need to succeed?
Servcom USA is here to provide the extra help you need – all you have to do is ask.
Click here to get started or call us at (803) 619-1414.