Is Your Internal IT Department Struggling To Get Stuff Done?
We’ve all more aware of the power of technology nowadays – from the way technology can enable a more productive, engaged workforce to the way technology can help you increase your market share and maintain customer satisfaction. But here’s the challenge… You’re likely using more complex systems and applications now because you know technology gives you the ability to:
- Improve day-to-day operations
- Boost efficiency throughout the workforce
- Reach a wider target market, and in turn, open doors to new opportunities
- And much, much more
In a recent survey of 200 IT professionals, 79% of IT decision-makers believed they didn’t have enough resources to support the demand for innovation and another 33% believed innovation was expected of them, regardless of the fact that existing processes, business operations, and practices had not evolved in ways that allowed them to innovate.
Many IT Leaders Struggle Between Innovation And Management
The fact is, many IT leaders are struggling between innovation and management. They have to pick and choose which tasks to handle because they’re responsible for such a long list of priorities:
- Rolling out technology upgrades
- Implementing new products and/or services
- Strategic planning for the future
- Automating routine, time-consuming tasks
- Protecting corporate information against threats
- Creating business continuity plans
- Handling basic tasks like monitoring, maintenance, and more
Gartner predicts that by 2021, 40% of IT staff will hold multiple roles – many of which will be business, as opposed to technology, related.
Is Your Internal IT Department Struggling?
We’ve had many business executives reach out to us because they feel like their internal IT department is struggling. They keep slipping up and failing to stay ahead of their workload. We’re here to tell you that this is completely normal, and in most cases, should be expected in today’s day and age.
As we mentioned, we rely on technology more than ever before and they’re likely struggling to keep up with the increased demand for innovation at the same time as their day-to-day management responsibilities.
Here are the most common signs that your internal IT department is struggling to keep up with their workload:
- They’re not completing help desk tickets within a reasonable timeframe and your staff members are complaining about a slow response and/or resolution time.
- They’re not talking to you about trends, threats, and other news that matters to you, especially as a modern organization that relies on technology.
- They’re not providing any sort of documentation or updates in regards to your network health, security, or performance.
How Do You Know Your Internal IT Department Needs Back Up?
If you’re wondering if your internal IT department needs back up, there’s one major consideration to think about…
Are they struggling to keep up with their workload?
That’s right… It’s that simple. If they seem to be struggling to keep up with their workload, they likely need a bit of help. This doesn’t mean they’re not knowledgeable and capable. Chances are, they’re great at what they do. But the demands placed on internal IT departments are above and beyond what the typical small team can handle. After all, they don’t have:
- Relationships with leading manufacturers to get discounts, priority support, etc.
- Access to important industry events to learn about the latest tools and tricks
- Years of experience working with hundreds of businesses just like yours
Here are a few common complaints we’ve heard from businesses that turn to us to help their internal IT department out:
- “It takes FOREVER for them to complete support tickets and our staff members are constantly struggling to get work done.”
- “They don’t seem to be protecting us against cybercrime because we keep having infections.”
- “Every single project seems to take months to get anywhere, and even then, they’re way over budget!”
What Type Of Help Is Available For Internal IT Departments?
If you’re reading this, you’ve likely decided against hiring more people. This is a smart decision as the challenge doesn’t involve lacking people, but lacking enterprise-grade tools, processes, and procedures to manage a heavy workload. We recommend outsourcing to an MSP (managed services provider) that can provide co-managed IT services. Essentially, you get access to an entire team of experts for a flat-rate monthly fee.
This means instead of paying even MORE salaries, training, and benefits, you get access to an entire team of technology experts who are already trained and certified. They’re able to provide assistance with:
- Responding to and completing help desk tickets
- Implementing new technologies and/or tools
- Creating a business continuity plan
- Keeping track of technology upgrades, updates, and more
- Monitoring the network around-the-clock to detect issues
- And much, much more
Get Started With Co-Managed IT Services
Servcom USA provides co-managed IT services for businesses that are ready to enjoy the best of both worlds – keeping their technology properly managed and protected against cybercrime.
We help your internal IT department shine at what they’re best at while offloading anything that would otherwise overwhelm or overload them. Since 1999, our mandate has been “providing excellent, business-oriented information technology products and services.”
Click here to get started or call us at (803) 619-1414 to schedule a consultation.